Wednesday, October 26

The Line

Hello everyone (:

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy tying up loose ends for this academic year and meeting friends whom I've not met for a very long time so I didn't have the chance to update this space! Another reason why I haven't been updating is also cos Jeffrey was busy marking scripts and he didn't have time to pass me photos but now that marking season is over, we're free to do more food posts! (:

I know I've blogged about The Line before but I feel that my family's visit to The Line for buffet dinner this time is worthy of an entry on its own. My mum decided to give all of us a treat at The Line one evening so we trooped down to see if the buffet dinner is any different from their lunch. I had initially wanted to go to Greenhouse but Greenhouse only serves seafood buffet dinners and my brother Jeff needs a Japanese section so we couldn't go there. Perhaps next time!

Anyway, my experience at The Line at night wasn't very much different from our daytime experience. Food wise, there was an additional (and wildly popular) seafood section where people could help themselves to fresh seafood items like oysters, mussels, crabs and king prawns. The other sections (starters/ appetizers, Japanese, Italian, Western, Indian, Chinese, desserts) that were available during lunch were also present during the dinner buffet so I would advise you to go during lunch if you aren't a big fan of seafood because the dinner buffet costs $78++/pax, which isn't very worth it if you aren't consuming much seafood in my humble opinion.

Alright enough babbling. I shall let the photos do the talking:


My sisters were extremely amused by this cup because they said that it reminded them of the cup that was featured in Teletubbies!

 Mum decided to get some soup, which was generally okay.

Some starters:


From the Chinese Section, a plate with a variety of slices of meat:

From the Japanese section:




Mainly from the Chinese section:





From all around (Indian, Japanese and Western):

From the desserts section:







On the whole, The Line was a good choice because there was something for everyone and everyone had their fill (: The only issue that I had with The Line, which can't really be helped, is the relatively high noise level! I felt like I was at Ellenborough Market on a Sunday afternoon because there were just so many people milling about and talking pretty loudly. On one hand I think it's nice to see people enjoying themselves, eating and chatting but on the other I can't help but feel that our dinner would have been a tad nicer if we got to talk a bit more instead of not talking that much because we had trouble hearing each other! I wouldn't recommend The Line if you want to have a catch-up session but it is definitely a place to go to if your priority is feeding everyone and making sure that everyone has something to eat (:

Alright that's all for now (: Shall lie in bed cos I'm feeling a tad under the weather. Will update again soon! Have a great rest of the week! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment