Wednesday, December 19

Lawry's The Prime Rib

Hello!

I'm finally back and I feel pretty good about how the past week had been (: Yesterday, two of my sisters, Matty and myself went to Lawry's for lunch before we split up to do our own things and I was pretty glad we went because my three lunch companions had never tried Lawry's so it was a new experience for them!

Sadly, I didn't manage to take photos of all the dishes we ordered because we were all pretty hungry so I only managed to take some using my trusty hp! Nevertheless, we left Lawry's feeling full-bellied and happy so I guess that's more important.

Alright here are some photos taken at lunch yesterday:

Complimentary warm mini-baguettes and four blobs of salted butter. I would have preferred it if the butter was hard and cold but theirs was pretty good. 

One relatively large serving of spinning bowl salad which was so-so.

Cousin of R2D2 which contains wonderful beef, ribs, mashed potatoes, peas etc!

This is how a slice of beef and a (complimentary) side of mashed potato usually look like. The Singapore Cut costs $63 and the California Cut costs $73. I think it is more worth it to lunch at Lawry's because you will get complimentary bread and salad (as seen above), as well as Yorkshire Pudding (not pictured). I'm not sure if these come with the dinner beef dishes as I've never been to Lawry's for dinner!
 
Having tried the Cajun Fish & Chips ($36) at my previous visit, I decided to go for the Seafood Pasta ($36) this time. I think it was pretty average but I like that they made the effort to give some steamed veggies for sides (: The scallops were alright to me but I didn't like the tough prawns! I only ate one because it was very dry and tough. Oh well thankfully the rest of the dish was alright (: One of my sisters had the fish & chips this time and she said it was okay too though she commented that she was more impressed with the fries than fish.

Am pretty happy that I managed to head back to Lawry's to try new dishes but I don't think I'll be back anytime soon now that I've tried both mains that I can possibly have. Nonetheless, it is a great place to go to if you would like to shave a nice leisurely meal especially on a weekday afternoon (:

I wish that time would slow down so that we can enjoy the rest of December! The hols are passing way too quickly for my liking!

No comments:

Post a Comment