Saturday, March 9

Miharu

Hello! (:

Today's lunch was a simple affair at the much-raved about Miharu Ramen Place. It's a small little eatery near Gallery Hotel and Matty has been raving about it since his girl friend brought him there for Ramen last year.

We made our way to the entrance of Miharu and we were pleasantly surprised to find out that they had expanded! (: Seating is limited at this small eatery but we went at the right time I suppose because we didn't have to queue and we also didn't have to sit outdoors in the heat! We managed to secure a table in their newly expanded 'wing' and was happy to sit in the cool environment while waiting for our food.

I love edamame ($4) and I especially LOVE those that are coated with salt! I know it's not very healthy to consume salt but I love it! Same goes for my love for MacDonalds' fries I guess. Can't really get enough of these two! Would have them any day! (:

A plate of Yaki Gyoza ($6.50) which was pretty decent. Since I didn't try it and Matty didn't rave about it, I guess it was so-so (:

My Tokusen Ton-Shio Ramen ($13.80) was fantastic! I loved that they were generous with just about everything in the bowl - from the corn serving to the bamboo strips and the noodles. Perhaps the most distinctive feature of this bowl of ramen is its thick and full-bodied soup broth. I think the teensy bit oilier shio ramen soup base had a part to play with the overall flavour but if you would like to have soup with a 'heavier' taste to it, this bowl would be perfect for you!

Matty chose to have the Gokubuto Miso Ramen ($15.50) and it's similar to mine except that the soup base is different and his noodles are much thicker! I thought that his noodles would taste like the Chinese yellow noodles but no, these were firmer and the texture is rougher. I didn't mind it one bit and I even helped to finish the noodles that he didn't finish. What can I say, I'm a carbo queen =X

My only gripe is that there aren't desserts so we had to go to town after lunch to get some! Oh well it is alright, am glad for the new experience. We would definitely be back for more ramen in the near future! (:

Have a great weekend! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment