Saturday, April 6

Boat House

Hello! (:

This post is a little late but I guess it's still worth posting because the food was pretty good (:

During the March hols, we went to Boat House for our one & only meal for Restaurant week! It was my first time at Boat House and we had quite a difficult time locating it because we had thought that it was in Fullerton Hotel itself but it was not! After consulting the concierge for directions, we made our way across the street from Fullerton Hotel and managed to get to our lunch destination on time! (: 

Boat House is quite a small restaurant and there are many staff at the restaurant so you will get served pretty quickly. The downside is that I felt slightly uncomfortable because they are always pacing about to try to see if you have all you need. I generally prefer dining at places where the waiters and waitresses would leave me alone so there was a tad too much walking and hawking being done in my humble opinion. But they weren't intrusive or anything so that's good (: Oh I decided to include a photo of the flower at our table cos I thought it was pretty nice (:

We had free-flow bread slices for starters and though it was chewy, it wasn't warm =S I would prefer my bread to be warm but it's alright.


Basically, we had a three-course restaurant week lunch set that came at $40++/pax (:

Our starters included:
 Earthy tasting mushroom soup with a piece of foie gras sitting atop a small bread toast &

Home cured salmon, garlic aioli, crème fraiche, that came wonderfully plated. It tasted pretty good too (:

Our mains were:

Pan seared Atlantic sea bass, fricassée of seafood, braised leek with essence of forest mushroom, which was a real delight to eat! I couldn't believe that fish could taste so meaty and it could actually fill me up so much but I am not complaining because it was fresh and succulent! 

Roasted Spatchcock Celeriac purée, Baby spring roots with red wine sauce, which was a little small but was well-cooked nevertheless. I like the pop of colours that the veggies gave to this dish (:

Our desserts were absolutely delightful:

Rose chiboust, lychee, hazelnut biscuit, raspberry coulis, which, true to its name, had a very strong rosey taste and smell.. and it isn't for everyone but I guess it's good to try.

The Chocolate pavé, bergamot mousse, crumble (i.e. chocolate mousse) was actually pretty good! Initially I was quite hesitant but I figured I'd rather pick chocolate over rose so I ended up with this and it was one of the smoother chocolate mousses I've had!

In all, we felt that this was the definitive meal of our March hols and it made us appreciate being able to dine outside on weekdays once in a while (: I would love to participate more actively in Restaurant Week 2014 if possible but we'll deal with that when it comes.

Alright that's all for now. Have a happy and rainy weekend! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment