Sunday, April 28

Pete's Place

Hello! (:

I realised that I have been forgetting to bring my camera out on meals hence the lack of proper photos to update this space! =( I've decided to make a more conscious effort to bring the cam out whenever I can and today saw me taking the first step to making this work!

Increasingly, I feel that weekdays are long and draining and when the weekend comes along, I literally heave a HUGE sigh of relief because I can, for once, take a breather from school-related matters and live life as a normal, non-teaching human being. I always believed that weekends are for rejuvenation and 'restoration' and the recent weeks have made me more appreciative of the weekends that I have.

We went to Pete's Place for a simple, hearty and homely meal (: I have only been to Pete's Place once prior to today's visit and I remember the food being good and the service friendly. Today was no different.

We settled into our table right at the corner of Pete's Place and ordered a bottle of St. Pellegrino ($9) to share. I think this is fast becoming my alternative drink in place of Sprite (: I think in some ways this is slightly better than Sprite cos my dining companion would get to share some fizz with me! (:

We decided to go for the $35++ buffet lunch which includes the salad bar (including soup and bread), some 'main courses' as well as fruits and desserts. Although the selection and variety of food served isn't large, it definitely is sufficient (: I like that almost all the dishes are fantastic in terms of quality so that more than makes up for the lack of variety in dishes.

There was pumpkin soup and minestrone soup on offer today and we each scooped ourselves a bowl of pumpkin soup because we aren't fans of minestrone. It was a little too thin for my liking but it was still sweet and tasty.

There was a wide selection of bread and three types of butter and we helped ourselves to quite a few plates of bread. I think my favourite has got to be the sundried tomato focaccia bread (featured above) - it was really light and doughy!

The salad bar was nothing short of wonderful! There were many food items on offer and we kept going back for more (: I think this salad bar is possibly one of the closest alternative to Sizzler's Salad Bar, so I might consider coming back here more often if I'm in the mood for this kind of salad. Here are some shots of food we ate from the salad bar:



The Mains. There were a few 'main courses' on offer: there were mini fish fillet with wild rocket, shell pasta with chicken, aglio olio (with 2 kinds of sauces to go with it if you wish), baked tomato and cheese pasta and broccoli with baby tomatoes. I know the dishes sound extremely carbo-heavy and I guess this isn't for everyone so you needn't feel oblige to go for the full buffet. There's actually one other buffet which excludes the main courses so you can just help yourself to the salad bar (including bread and soup) as well as fruits and desserts. But if you, like me, are going for the main courses, then you MUST try their aglio olio! It's not your usual spicy and slightly oily aglio olio - it's light, well-seasoned and not overly-cooked. It's fragrant and delicious and if you are a carbo queen like me, you'll want to have A LOT of it! haha Here are some photos of our mains:




Finally, we went to check out the fruits and dessert section and was initially a little disappointed that there wasn't much to offer. Apart from the cantaloupe, we didn't help ourselves to any other fruits because we didn't feel like having full fruits (think an entire jambu, or pear, or grapes). Instead, we took a lot of tiramisu and some slices of apple tarts! (: The tiramisu was good but only if you eat it once it is served. We had the good fortune of eating one which had been left there since we walked into the restaurant and another that was freshly served and as expected, the taste differed totally! I loved the freshly served dessert! (: The chocolates with hazlenuts were also very tasty. I think these two desserts are sufficient to make you feel happy! Photos of dessert:


Finally, we ended our meal with a cup of warm tea and coffee (: Nothing beats a great meal with a friend! (:

Once again, I must reiterate that I am extremely thankful for weekends and I hope that they will not come and go so quickly! Heh. Alright time to rest. Goodnight (:

No comments:

Post a Comment