Thursday, June 20

Spruce @Fire Station

Hello! (:

Just before we left for Bali, we went to Spruce @Fire Station for a lovely weekend brunch. I had never been to this Spruce outlet before and I had thought that the outlet at Fire Station would be very much like the one at Tanglin - crowded, chatter-filled, bustling with activity - so you can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was to find out that Spruce @Fire Station wasn't very packed (the restaurant was about 5/8 filled) and it wasn't noisy. Phew! (: Guess the high ceilings also helped to give the place a more 'airy' and spacious feel, which much appreciated by someone who's quite claustrophobic like me.

He couldn't resist ordering a macchiato ($4), which came in a tiny cup and with a lion 'drawn' on it! Every time a macchiato appears on the table, I can't help but wonder why anyone would make such a tiny cup of coffee and a split second later, wonder why anyone would even order such a tiny cup of coffee. Alas, I guess it's all about enjoying the taste so if you like it, who really cares about its size and quantity! (: Just order another drink to complement this! (:

Thankfully, I take forever to finish a cup of drink and more often than not, I have trouble finishing a cup of drink on my own (except for SPRITE! ;) but I am getting better at finishing my drink), so people who dine with me can help themselves to my drink (if they aren't saliva conscious of course). That day, I decided to be adventurous and try their popular iced lychee tea ($7) and it tasted really good! (: I usually don't order iced tea but this has made me want to try other recommended iced teas in future (:

I like going to Spruce because I love its large breakfast/ brunch selection (: Their food quality is nothing short of good and I daresay that Spruce is quite a good place to go if you are in the mood for breakfast/ brunch food! I had the Garden Brekkie ($18) that day and the portion was just nice as it didn't fill me up too much and I could save space for dessert! (:

He chose to have the British Brekkie ($19) and it was also good (: I especially love how thick their toasts are! The toast goes well with the eggs (:

Since we were feeling unusually greedy that day, we decided to have two desserts, one of which is the baked ginger date pudding with vanilla ice-cream ($15). I didn't really like this one that much because the pudding wasn't warm! I had thought that it would be warm so that the ice-cream would be a perfect complement. But on the whole it was well made and it's passable.

Their apple pie with vanilla ice-cream ($15) fared better and I think if you only had one choice for dessert, you should opt for this (: They were very generous with the apple slices and you can literally taste chunks of apple slices when you eat this dessert. Would definitely order this again if I have the chance! (:

Alright that's all for now (: Take good care of yourselves and stay indoors, away from the haze! (:

SPRUCE AT FIRE STATION, UPPER BUKIT TIMAH
260 Upper Bukit Timah Road, #01-01, Singapore 588213
T: 6466 5582
Mon – Fri: 11.30am – 12am
Sat, Sun & PH: 9am – 12am
Bar open till late

No comments:

Post a Comment