Thursday, January 30

The Cajun Kings and Wimbly Lu

Hello (:

I turned 28 on 28th of January and like all other birthdays that came before, this birthday was nothing short of special (: I really love birthdays cos they're such happy occasions (: You get to share and eat food with people you love and you get to spend time with people who matter.

Colleagues and kids in school were extremely lovely and they went out of their way to make my birthday a blast (: There were gifts and celebrations and I must say that I'm impressed with the kids' ingenuity and creativity (: They truly are the reason why I love my job so much and I can never thank them enough for being in my life (:

The Limmies went to The Cajun Kings in the evening for dinner and the entire experience was novel and interesting! (: The seafood was fresh and surprisingly filling and everyone had a great time eating with our hands and without any cutlery, save for the wooden hammer you see below (if you consider that 'cutlery'). I must thank those who chipped in to pay for this very sumptuous meal - thank you so much (: (: (:








After dinner, we popped by next door to Wimbly Lu to have some desserts! (: Having heard about this place for ages, I was quite pleased that we finally made a trip there to have their much-raved about desserts! I think their waffles are deserving of mention because they are so light and fluffy! (: We chose to have it with salted caramel icecream, which turned out to be an awesome choice! The new-tella tart and root beer chocolate cake were hits too! (: All in all, we were very satisfied with our desserts. Photos taken at Wimbly Lu:







After feasting, we took a slow walk to Serangoon MRT station and then took public transport home because we couldn't get a maxi cab to fit all of us! I really enjoyed walking and chatting with my favourite people in the world and the perfect weather was icing on the cake that night (:

Thank you everyone who wished me happy birthday and who made the effort to be around/ celebrate my birthday in one way or another. I'm truly blessed and I'm fortunate to have all of you in my life. Much love! (:

Happy Lunar New Year! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment