Sunday, August 3

The Disgruntled Chef

Hello (:

I finally visited The Disgruntled Chef last weekend after waiting for years for the hype to die down. I remember it being very popular when it first opened and I could hardly get a table if I didn't call early to make a reservation. Thankfully, I managed to get a table this time despite calling just a few hours before chow time! (:


Pear Tree Mix ($10) and White Peach Bellini ($22) 
We started off with their very yummy drinks and though they are quite costly, I felt that the drinks had a 'full body' and strong taste! I really liked my pear tree crushed ice drink cos it whetted my appetite for my brunch dish, which was nothing short of spectacular! (:

At first sight, you might think that the portions are relatively small and that you will doubt if you will be full from eating such meagre portions but they actually weren't that bad. We were nicely filled but not overly stuffed so we could actually go for post-lunch ice-cream! (: Heh.

These were the two dishes that we had: one is savoury and the other is sweet, but both are equally enjoyable (: It really depends on what you like to eat!

Hortense Laborie - Duck Confit, Foie Gras, Truffled Egg Cocotte ($25) 

Elvis - French Toast, Fruit & Nut Bread, Nutella, Bananas, Vanilla Ice Cream ($20)   

I might decide to go back again in the near future to try the dishes on their main menu because I was unaware that they only served the weekend brunch menu on weekends! (: The atmosphere in the restaurant is pretty relaxed in the day time because there is natural light pouring in through the glass windows and the diners mind their own business and do not talk very loudly, so all is good (:

Alright that's all for now (: Happy Sunday! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment