Thursday, March 24

HCMC Eats: Street Food

Hello (:

I'll be posting photos of food that we had on our recent short trip to Ho Chi Minh City in the next few posts for keepsake!

We stayed at District 2, which was lovely because it was faraway from the maddening crowd that is District 1. District 2 is a residential suburban area which is filled with skyscraper-like residential towers, mostly newly constructed condos, and it has a few malls and many street food shops/ stalls.

We ate at this pho place near where we stayed at and the pho was pretty yummy so we went there for two mornings in a row!




On the third morning, we decided to try something different so we walked a little more and found this street food stall! To be frank, it was my first time ever eating at such a local streetfood stall and I must admit I was slightly apprehensive. But I decided to just go with the flow since the bubs loves street food, and we had our breakfast there! The old auntie's iced coffee was da bomb - super thick and sweet, just the way Vietnamese iced coffee should be! (: Guess my first experience of authentic street food wasn't that bad, though I must confess that I am still apprehensive about trying other street food stalls! Heh we'll just take a step at a time I guess? 




On an unrelated note, I'm really thankful that we are having a longer weekend this week cos I need the time to catch up on work and to rest! Will try to update again soon! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment